Greece is, hands down, one of the most popular and highly sought-after summer and vacation destinations worldwide.
Couldn’t have been otherwise, anyway!
Indeed, mainland natural and archaeological attractions that please every taste and need and islands surrounded by transparent, cobalt waters and fine-sand beaches are blend with unique architecture, legends of ancient Gods, stories about mythological heroes and creatures, history-drenched lands, and culture counting thousands of years to paint the most intricate mosaic of experiences, sights, flavours, scents, and aromas.
Amidst all its deep-seated appeal and enchantment, choosing the best Greek island holidays is a challenge very few people would like to take on. To save you some precious time, we suggest three ways to initiate this journey you have in mind, be it Greek family holidays or vacations with your significant other or friends.
Naxos Holidays – Αn unbeatable magnetic experience
Once an important cultural hub, Naxos is the largest of its Cyclades siblings that bewilders visitors with its stunning beaches, the numerous opportunities for water sports like kitesurfing, snorkeling, and windsurfing, rich culture, imposing Mount Zeus, whose peak (1004 metres or 3,294 feet) is the tallest across the Cyclades islands, and, of course, the delicious local dishes, cheeses, and spirits, to name just a few.
While enjoying your Naxos holidays, feel free to let your mind get lost in the endless blue of the Aegean Sea that spreads below you from a cosmopolitan sugary shore along the western side of the island, such as Sahara, Alyko and Agios Prokopios, or more remote and peaceful spots such as Orkos Beach on the southwest of Naxos.
Other ventures you could consider when vacationing at charming Naxos are:
– Gazing the heart-stopping sunset from the ancient monument of Portara with the marble, centuries-old door and pristine views of the old Chora castle.
– Exploring Kastro Castle, one of the most exquisitely-preserved Venetian castles in the Cyclades sitting in the heart of Naxos, the glorious capital called Chora. While strolling around the area, be prepared for a soul-pleasing hike passed the Archaeological Museum of Naxos, as well as Catholic Monasteries, whitewashed churches, chalky-white schools, beautiful cafes, dating back to the early 1700s, some of the oldest buildings on Naxos, and many more.
– Walking through the Chora, the Naxos’ capital, and admire Cycladic architecture at its finest. Milky-white, sugar-cube houses with blue doors and shutters, arches, charming chapels overlooking the Aegean Sea, maze-like, cobbled alleys, and a lively citadel await to spoil with their Greek island appeal.
– Treating your palate with exceptional tastes from the local cuisine featuring a great variety of cheeses, vegetables, fresh fish, and seafood, while putting out the fire your fork is probably in with flavoursome, local white and red wines.
– Visiting the Alyko cedar forest, a protected natural area which is adorned by sand dunes and many small, secluded bays that welcome sunbathers and water sports enthusiasts with crystalline waters and soft white sand. Speaking of water sports, some of the best places to kitesurf and windsurf (or learn how to) is Mikro Vigla Beach, offering the perfect conditions to indulge in your favourite pastime.
Needless to say, exclusive accommodation, a wealth of local landmarks, such as Demeter temple and Kalamitsia Monastery, picturesque villages with adorable neoclassical architecture and bougainvillea-filled patios like Halki and Apiranthos villages, horseback riding, driving to off-the-beaten track places like Moutsouna harbour, and hiking to Mount Zeus, and countless others, can also be part of your Naxos holidays!
Explore Greek Island Holiday Packages With Be A Greek
Are you ready to experience all that the Greek islands have to offer? Between sightseeing, adventures, and nightlife, Greece has a little something for every couple to enjoy. If you’re interested in learning more about the Greek Islands or want to explore Greek Islands holiday packages then Be A Greek has you covered. We pride ourselves on crafting vacations that are tailored specifically to you and your interests. Never let a vacation go to waste again. We can help map out the perfect romantic adventure so that you can make memories to last a lifetime. Contact us today to get started on your dream Greek Island holidays. To keep up-to-date with all things Greece, don’t forget to follow us on Social Media to see our latest updates.
Santorini, Greece Holidays – Where Nature Meets Royal
What can one say about the undeniable Queen of the Cyclades and her irresistible draw that could potentially be sufficiently described with even the most eloquent words? The truth is that those seeking unique Greek island holidays will find their heart’s content at Santorini.
Spectacular in every sense, the beautiful Greek island is home to idyllic black, white, and red volcanic sand shores that are nothing like anything else you have probably seen thus far during your summer vacations or quick escapades. As for the azure of its crystal-clear waters, it seems to blur the borders between the glorious Mediterranean sky with the Aegean Sea, while offering mind-blowing opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving endeavors that will excite every molecule of a shipwreck diver, volcanic underwater formations lover, and marine life enthusiast.
No wonder Santorini is a beloved honeymoon and a top wedding destination in the world! Everything on, in, and around it is simply magical – from the imposing Caldera, the famous Santorini volcano that once brought the island to total destruction, and the heart-stopping sunsets from prestigious spots across the island, such as traditional Oia, Imerovigli (aka the Balcony of the Aegean), and Fira, the delightful capital, to its iconic Blue-Dome churches that gaze the vastness of the archipelago, the centuries-old Windmills, and the numerous dining, shopping, and accommodation facilities that deliver on their promise for ultimate pampering.
Some of the adventures to augment your Santorini Greece holidays include the following:
– A visit to the Museum of Prehistoric Thera and the Archaeological Museum.
– Dinner with sunset views.
– Cocktails with volcano views.
– A visit to Theoskepasti church and Agios Ioannis chappel.
– A boat tour to the Nea Kameni and Palaia Kameni volcanic islands, including a dive in the healing waters of the Hot Springs in the heart of the crescent-shaped Caldera.
– A trip into the millennia-old past with a visit to the ancient settlement of Akrotiri that was buried under tons of volcanic ash and has been linked with the legend of the Lost Atlantis.
– Swimming on the black and red lava-sand beaches of Red Beach, Perivolos Beach, Perisa Beach, and Kamari Beach.
– Staying at a luxurious cave house with unsurpassed seascapes and a wealth of amenities, like a private pool.
– Setting sails on a yacht or catamaran cruise around Santorini and nearby islands. You may also make it a helicopter tour!
– Exploring the local gastronomy scene and letting tastes from the local tomato fritters, unique white aubergines, and other flavours explode inside your mouth.
– Going on a wine-tasting tour and sampling world-famous and internationally-acclaimed wines, such as Assyrtiko.
– Hiking from Oia to Fira and enjoying the captivating views along the way.
As you may have guessed it, this is a never-ending list with things you should include in your travel itinerary in Santorini. Despite its relatively small size, Santorini has a way to capture your heart forever, be it with its natural charm, medieval villages, Cycladic architecture, water sports, galleries, museums, or even the many opportunities to unwind with beach massages, yoga sessions, and spa treatments!
Athens Holidays – Grand & fulfilling in every sense
Although not a Greek island, Athens is a fantastic place to either start or end your Greek family holidays or your Greek island holidays! The spellbinding Greek capital is not only a popular transportation hub for the marvelous islands dotting the Aegean Sea, but also a supreme destination in Greece (and across the globe) for being the birthplace of the Olympic Games, democracy, and so many more than have influenced the entire world’s course in some way.
The historical capital of Europe fascinates with its rich culture, long history, and the innumerable famous attractions and museums, such as the Acropolis, the Panathenaic Stadium, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Temple of Poseidon, the New Acropolis Museum, the Benaki Museum, and the Archaeological Museum, among others.
But Athens is so much more than archaeological monuments and museums. It is also home to an impressive range of sandy beaches (over 30 to choose from, depending on your personal preferences and requirements), the majority of which are located along the southeastern coastline. Expect from great-organized and cosmopolitan beaches like Schinias to more secluded coves with profound natural beauty, such as Kape beach, complemented with the seductive Vouliagmeni Lake, where you can swim in, have a picnic, enjoy a cocktail or light lunch, paddle, and more.
Want to instill more outdoor adventures to your Athens holidays? Then do not waste another minute and opt for a city bike or walking tour in Athens, sign up for a family or couples’ workshop (it can be anything from cooking to pottery), experience agritourism and learn the traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation, and even go mountain climbing. The truth is that you will definitely find the outdoor activity that best suits to the desired adrenaline level in Athens!
And, if you would prefer a leisure stroll through the neoclassical city centre with the beautiful squares, statues, parks, scenic alleys at Monastiraki square and Plaka neighbourhood, and hypnotising atmosphere, or entertain yourself at the never-sleeping Athens party scene, or perhaps take a good taste of the relaxing Athenian vibes with a beachfront walk at the Riviera, you are certainly welcomed to do so before hopping on that ferry or plane to let the dreamiest Greek island holidays start at Naxos, Santorini, or another destination.
Of course, you can search through the Internet and find a bunch of information about all these islands, but we are here to help you have it all organized and create your summer experience by crafting your own unique customized travel package.
At Be A Greek, we help you create your dream vacation in Greece without any hustle. There are countless ways to plan your vacation in Greece and we are here to provide you some of the best Greece vacation packages, tailored to your own needs and keeping up with your own pace.
You do not need to spend hours looking for all the different destinations in Greece and trying to combine some of them throughout your available days here. We will create your vacation package from scratch and will choose the program corresponding to your own needs and your own preferences. Just drop us a line and we will design your trip to Greece!